Is there something more? I have signed up for a yoga class. I am reading books on mindfulness and meditation. I am seeing the relationship with Billy for what it was. I miss her less each day. The void left behind has always been there. I am trying to fill it from within. I no long want to conform to my construct of life.
The weather here is unseasonably cold and wet. Tomorrow is Halloween. They expect snow. Yes snow, on Halloween. This evening is Devil's Night though I do not expect many devils to be out after dark with the temperatures hovering in the mid forties. Traffic on the way home is heavy people trying to get home for holiday functions I imagine. I leave work early also. I am going to my first yoga class.
I have passed the studio a thousand times. It is on the edge of a strip mall. The word yoga is in bright inviting neon letters above the door. It gets good reviews on Yelp. It seems to be a family run business. There is an bearded gentleman in his sixties behind the counter. He explains the basics to me. The instructor is a solidly built woman around forty. She has short blond hair and is wearing sweat pants and a tank top. Her outfit is casual and not worn to impress.
There are a dozen women and one other man in the class. All of them are dressed casually. The instructor is friendly. The names for the positions are unfamiliar to me but the moves are not out of reach. I have decided to stick with it for the rest of the year. Perhaps I can advance to a different level.
Nice! I did yoga a lot in San Diego before I hurt my knee, then I couldn't do a lot of poses and stopped. I keep reading over and over how yoga is recommended for trauma recovery and all that, and I know I feel great after a class, but I just can't. Filling the void within, eh, I'm barely touching the outer banks of the iceberg and I'm exhausted.
ReplyDeleteI am starting to really through myself into the yoga. It is new and has no association with Billy. I cannot picture her in this class. Everyone is my age and not hot (except me).
ReplyDelete