Billy texted me today. I guess she saw my email. She did not say.
Billy: I hope you are doing okay, Bathwater. Give Sienna (the cat) a hug for me and hope your trip to China was okay.
Me: I emailed you. It was during a bad day, but yes I am okay. Everyone here is doing good as can be.
Billy: Dad okay?
Me: The trip to China was hard. I had a hard time focusing on the moment. Dad is in assisted living and physically doing good, just waiting to see what the cancer does. I miss you, Billy. I hope you are doing good.
Billy: I'm doing alright.
Me: Just alright?
Billy: Yeah, trying to figure things out for myself is pretty stressful.
Me: I have faith in you and I am still here supporting you in my thoughts.
The conversation was a start at healing the breach between us. It did not ruin my day. The emotions it stirred rose within me, but I was able to release. I am still moving on.
Those tense and awkward (re)starts are wonderfully healing. It will get easier.
ReplyDeleteI'm honored to be your first follower.
Great to meet you, Bathwater.
Take care.
Nice to meet you too. I am not sure if it is a restart but not talking to her was not any easier.
Delete