Monday, January 23, 2023

Weekend

Tinkerbell: Thank you for helping me not spiral yesterday.

Bathwater: NP. We should get some drinks this weekend and forget about the week.

Tinkerbell: I'm going to stay in. Get everything situated.

Bathwater: Well, maybe I could use a drink and a night out.

Tinkerbell: Okay, how about Saturday?

I pulled myself out of the condo, drove across town on Saturday, and met up with Tinkerbell and Tech for dinner. It was good to see them. I always have fun catching up with them. Tink's director wrote her an email last week downplaying her review, so she was in a better mood. She will keep her eyes open for something else but feels more comfortable with her current job.

Friday, I met up with a girl from SA for drinks at Hopcat downtown. It is a hipster bar with craft beer and little else to recommend. Emma was 27 and beautiful. A bit out of my league, though. We had a great conversation, and it seemed like we would get along, but I have yet to hear from her after. She is the first woman from that site I wanted to continue seeing that didn't feel the same way after getting drinks. A clear sign I am getting too old for this.

Analyzing the meet after. There were telltale signs. I think she was interviewing multiple people that night. She stayed after I left the bar. Saying she was meeting up with friends. Emma had a wonderful smile but not a good poker face. Little micro expressions kept appearing. I was too enamored with her at the time to take more head. Still, it was a good meet-up.

While we were out, Tink said, "I hope you find someone soon. You are happier when you have someone." Her statement is true, but I should get used to being happy without someone. That is what the future will hold.

I spent Sunday watching House and snow falling outside. Something I am more familiar with.


15 comments:

  1. I'm glad to hear you had a good night out with Tink and Tech!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, though I think she is still avoiding me.

      Delete
  2. Happiness is within. Too much change happens externally for it to be dependable.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree with Jules on this, I can't burden someone else with depending upon them for my Happiness or me with theirs.

      Delete
    2. That is true. I heard this long ago, but never really learned it. That is why I am better off not in a relationship.

      Delete
  3. It is usually JUST when you get used to being happy WITHOUT someone that THE ONE will show up. That's what happened with me, tho' had The Man not shown up, I probably would have been okay being and remaining Single.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I go in phases. Like Jules said above, to much happens externally to depend on it for your happiness.

      Delete
  4. Oh, I think you'll find someone eventually. I don't think you're destined to remain alone. It's just going to take some time. Probably longer than you'd like.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'll find someone short term, but probably not for the long term.

      Delete
  5. Hopefully you are alright with being alone if that's what ends up happening. Those sites might be good for these kinds of hookups but if you are still holding out hope to find someone and have a meaningful relationship, that seems to happen when you aren't expecting it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I never expect anything meaningful or long term.

      Delete
  6. I also know about snow.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amusingly enough, I don't think I've ever seen House. We had rain, not snow. I'd like a little snow.

    ReplyDelete