They say misery loves company
We could start a company and make misery
We could start a company and make misery
Frustrated, Incorporated
I know just what you need
I might just have the thing
I know what you'd pay to see
Put me out of my misery
I'd do it for you. Would you do it for me?
We will always be busy making misery.
I know this post is taking on both sides of the conversation in my head. I read a platitude today, train yourself to take nothing personally to save yourself from 99% of mental problems. It can be hard not to take something personally when it affects me adversely. I try to think of it this way, people make choices. It doesn't mean that one choice is better than the other, just different.
Sometimes though, I find myself hoping their choices turn out to be wrong or worse than the option that includes me. I should be hoping for the best for them (see the above platitude), but misery likes company. Maybe that is why they made the choice they did.
Now, did you satisfy your greed?
Get what you need?
Was it only envy?
So empty
Frustrated, Incorporated...Misery, Soul Asylum
Platitudes are great, because there is some truth to them. Alas, they don't tell the whole story, so sometimes they're just annoying. Yeah, don't take things personally. Good advice. But, sometimes you do need to take a thing personally, and the person telling you not to is taking advantage of you in some way and hoping you don't notice.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is easier for me to understand when they are taking advantage of me.
DeleteI always thought misery hates company
ReplyDeleteNo, misery loves company.
DeleteA lot of things aren't Personal, but when we take them Personally it is hard to not feel some kind of way about it. When I don't Personalize things, then Honestly, it's easier to just keep it Moving without a lot of the Negative Emotions that taking it Personally would evoke. When an option doesn't include us, it can be a Blessing in disguise in some cases. I take the stance that anyone that can leave, was never tied to my Destiny.
ReplyDeleteYes I see the blessing in disguise. The grass is not always greener on the other side.
Delete