Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Broke Parts

I think Ava did get caught. She just didn't want to tell me. She probably wiggled her way out of it with lies but feels like she is on thin ice. With her uncharacteristic last words, "I'll be in touch." I wouldn't be surprised if she just ghosts me. I would be disappointed but not surprised.

Ironically, I don't have to make these things up. Sunday, I reached out to a girl from SA that I was texting back in September. We once planned to get together for coffee, but she got Covid, and things fizzled at the time. So we never met. 

Summer: I would definitely like a re-do, though, and to get a drink with you sometime!

Bathwater: How is your week looking? I am open except for Wednesday.

Summer: I can do Tuesday. I have to work till around 5:00.

Bathwater: Tuesday works for me. Let's meet at Atomic Coffee in Royal Oak around 6:30. Does that work for you?

Summer: Yes, that will be perfect.

Monday night, I received another message from Summer.

Summer: Hey there! I would like to be upfront about something before we meet tomorrow. I am not sure if I told you before or not, but I'm currently in a relationship in which he does not know I'm on the site on the side.

Is that a problem for you? I can only truly meet on weekdays and stay out till 8-9 ish.

It turns out Summer has been in a relationship for a year and a half. Her availability would be much the same as Ava's. Still, I agreed to get coffee with her Thursday. I do like a puzzle. Am I the only one that finds these woman's actions unusual? Is Summer another narcissist? My lifestyle must expose me to a specific type of woman. 

Sometimes I do feel surrounded by the wrong people. 

We are, we are, we are made from broken parts
We are, we are, we are broken from the start
And our hearts, our hearts, they were beating in the dark
'Cause we are, we are, we are built from broken parts...
We Are, Hollywood Undead


11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. She will probably will not be a good fit. To much like Ava.

      Delete
  2. I wonder what it is that you put out that attracts that kind of woman. Perhaps it's the site? Of course, this doesn't seem to be that big of an issue for you, so maybe that's it. They probably get more noes and you're the very occasional yes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Woman like that tend not to have a problem with married guys, I know Ava does not. There are many of those on there, so it goes both ways. Ava did not have a boyfriend when we started seeing each other. they started casually dating about the same time. I don't think Ava and I would have gone this long if she had a boyfriend in the beginning.

      Delete
  3. Yes, your lifestyle exposes you to a certain type of woman.

    ReplyDelete
  4. No she will probably not be a good candidate. I am already seeing signs of Ava in her.

    ReplyDelete
  5. A certain type of Woman you are attracting, whether Lifestyle has the influence or not, I think we all attract certain types of people and it's easy to see patterns emerging.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, sometimes we just don't like the pattern we are seeing.

      Delete
  6. Replies
    1. Yes it is, but the fact they don't see it that way is even more curious to me. ava would say, "it is what it is," she blames her choices on her circumstances, but those are also under her control.

      Delete