Friday, November 18, 2022

Flags

 It has been snowing here all day, but we are not getting any accumulation. To the west of us and to the east, they are getting feet of snow. I live in a safety zone that is spared. I think it has something to do with the nearby lakes.

Ava stopped over last night. She seemed preoccupied. I accused her of shoehorning me into her scheduled. Which was correct. Ava didn't know what the term meant. I told her it was forcing something into a tight space. She sees it as going out of her way to ensure she spends time with me. There is no convincing her otherwise.

I can't be offended. That is just Ava. She doesn't sit still. Always racing from one thing to the next. "That's just life," she would say. I'm trying to ban that phrase from her vocabulary. Life is what we choose it to be.

Ava's latest argument with her boyfriend was over her phone. He bought her a new phone months ago and put her on his plan. She didn't want that. He wanted her to get a new phone number to cut ties with her "past." By past, he meant her sugar-baby relationships. Ava argued that she needed to keep her Google number because it was attached to her financial apps.

This week Ava ordered a new SIM card for her phone. She no longer wants to be on his phone plan, which started the argument. Ava stated after the argument with her best friend, J, she no longer wants to be beholden to any man.

Part of the problem is the SIM card will only work over wifi. I told Ava I was on her boyfriend's side. She needed a phone that worked all the time, but I wouldn't argue if she wanted to pay for her own plan. Despite his sheltered mindset, the boyfriend's red flag meter must be going off. Maybe Ava sees it too. 

Ava told me she bought him a $300 electric snow blower for the winter. It was an early holiday gift. She says her boyfriend lives paycheck to paycheck. Mind you, he works in the same industry as me and makes good money. 

On a separate note. Am I the only one who thinks Elon Musk is destroying Twitter on purpose so he can send it into bankruptcy? He can eliminate debt and then rebuild it. I mean, he is an ass, so he may think everyone should work like dogs. He has made similar comments before at Tesla, but I don't think he is this stupid.

13 comments:

  1. Just to let you know, a decent snow blower start off at around $750. You can get something less expensive but don't expect to get value for your $$$. I suspect Musk is going to take a step back and let someone else run Twitter simply because spending $44 billion for an extremely popular social media company and the running it into the ground proves his incompetence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think Musk is incompetent, I hope he proves it. I don't think an electric snow blower is worth more than a good shovel.

      Delete
  2. I think you have to be right about Musk. He can't possibly be this stupid. But someone else said that when high profile people buy companies like this, this is what happens behind the scenes. We just don't usually get to see all the mess out in public. Who knows if that's true?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think there is more thought involved than we see for sure.

      Delete
  3. Everyone is focusing on Elon Musk but the reality is that all social medias have overhired and have been too busy patting themselves on the shoulders to realize where they heading. Meta laid off 30% of its workforce and nobody is giving shit. And every time this happens, there's an initial panic where everybody thinks they'll have to work twice as much as they did, but then reality sinks in and a lot that was previously done is simply cancelled as it was not really that useful.

    Then again, going bankrupt may be a way - but I'm not familiar enough with American laws to be sure he would not risk being forced into selling the brand and the platform.

    Snow seems still far here - we just started having foliage, more than 1 month later than usual..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are lucky. The temperatures here have been very cold.

      Delete
  4. I don't see that happening any time soon yet.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So many people are making new accounts on Mastodon or Tribel ust in case Twitter goes belly up. Not sure if Elon is trying to make that happen so he can file bankruptcy or not, would sure be a lot of mad people if Twitter was no more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't use Twitter. It seems like something that could go away and I would never notice.

      Delete
  6. I hear he’s let Trump back in but trump has been silent

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, but letting him back on does not make any sense. It just gets people worked up.

      Delete
  7. My mom was one who couldn't set still, so does all of her siblings.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete