Thursday, September 16, 2021

She Is

Is there a line that I could write
That's sad enough to make you cry?
And all the lines you wrote to me were lies
Months roll past the love that you struck dead
Did you love me only in my head?
The things you said and did to me
They seem to come so easily
The love I thought I'd won
You give for free...Found Out About You, Gin Blossoms 

Today is Billie's birthday. Two days before my own. I have complex emotions when it comes to Billie. She is the answer to every question you could ask me, good or bad. I will text her later. Just a simple, "Happy Birthday". Because I cannot let it go, even though she is becoming a faded memory that only survives in my dreams.


4 comments:

  1. It's hard to let go of a past that you had hoped would be your future. Happy early birthday to you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Gin Blossoms are pretty faded memory to me.

    ReplyDelete