Tuesday, September 7, 2021

End Of Summer

 The trip to Mackinac was canceled.  Tech, Tinkerbell's boyfriend, has Covid. I decided to still take Friday off and have a four-day weekend.  I spent it at home, avoiding others. I'll admit, I wasn't very productive. I did repot several of my house plants.

My friend Sam is still working on her deceased father's house. Doing things that are unnecessary to sell it. I decided not to get involved in that nonsense. She took off every weekend this summer.  The idea was to enjoy herself, but she has ended up working on that house instead.

I watched the final season of Supernatural. I didn't care for the way it ended.  They did not need the twentieth episode. Firefly wants to try watching the show when she gets out.  She usually doesn't care for sci-fi or fantasy shows.

Firefly gets sentenced today. There should be no surprises. She has been assigned to the "drug court" program, which requires many special conditions over the eighteen months after she gets out. She will be busy. Hopefully, she will stay out of trouble. Firefly still wants to come back once she gets out. I have reiterated that if she cannot commit to being here, she should return to her parents. 

People still think it is a bad idea. I am not sure what they would consider a good idea. I don't think they see the situation from their own viewpoint. 

8 comments:

  1. I've dealt with customers who've lost a parent, some simply put in the cheapest flooring possible, others just use it as an excuse to not let go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is using it as an excuse not to deal with herself.

      Delete
  2. Sorry to hear Tinkerbell's boyfriend has COVID, I do hope he recovers will no lingering complications. Not being productive right now seems to be what so many of us are going through, the weight of these turbulent times is heavy and mebbe dealing with that is enough that we don't need to add to it trying to be overly productive? I'm returning to part-time work on Friday and hope that doesn't turn out to be a bad idea. As you said, I am not sure either what would be considered a good idea anymore. The Court appointed programs can be good, The Son is actually enjoying and benefitting from his, it's not only addressing his Addictions and Recovery, but his Mental Health Status which is probably why he self medicates in the first place. I suspect that Firefly also has some inner Demons she tries to placate with the self medicating... may she have success at attaining sobriety and getting her life in order. What she may or may not be able to commit to remains to be seen. Losing a Parent is tough, Sam will have to move thru her Grief in her own way, as we all must.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are correct on all accounts. Firefly doesn't want to face all her demons yet, but she seems more motivated. Sam is moving through grief and life without dealing with her issues too. Not saying I am not doing the same thing. I just am more aware of mine.

      Delete
  3. a good idea would be for her to find a (real) job...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That is on the list. She will not be making extra money through sex work.

      Delete
  4. Sorry to hear he has Covid. Hopefully he gets over it soon with no long lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete
  5. He doesn't seem to have any lasting effects.

    ReplyDelete