I stepped outside at lunch today, hoping to get out of the office for a while. The temperature was in the mid-seventies, but it was sunny and humid. I don't mind such weather when I walk at home, but when I am at the office, I try to refrain from getting sweaty during my lunchtime walks.
After my walk, I returned to my desk and sent a text to Tinkerbell. "The twins don't want to celebrate their birthday until after the holiday, so it looks like my Saturday is open."
She called me in response. Saying she was hiding in her office. She works at a facility that works with disabled adults. She likes the work but doesn't like the company. I reminded her she should be looking for a new job. She is delaying it because she feels like all her upcoming vacation time she has scheduled would not go over well with a new job. I disagreed. Saying she shouldn't stop looking.
Firefly will be in jail for the holiday. Looks like it will be another week before she gets transferred. She thinks they only transfer inmates to rehab on Thursday.
Nothing going on here. Nothing to report. I work, go home, repeat.
Yeah, the work and repeat, work and repeat routine is truly beginning to annoy me.
ReplyDeleteYes it is annoying me also. I would like to try something else.
DeleteWork, go home, repeat is not always a fun routine.
ReplyDeleteWhen you are exposed to a better way to do the same thing, the routine is exhausting.
DeleteSame. I am craving chaos right now because all I do is work/clock out/Netflix, but I know this is more of a trauma thing instead of using the time to reflect or work on myself thing.
ReplyDeleteI just don't have the same energy. I had more energy when I was in lockdown during covid.
DeleteI have that same feeling. Its why I started writing about things that happened at work, to make them sound 'interesting'. But they're fairly mundane.
ReplyDeleteLike you, I'd walk on my lunch hour a lot more were it not for the unpleasantness of returning to the office all sweaty. There was a brief window when I was able to go for walks, but that shut recently. It's either 90F+ or it rains :/
I have moved to the seldom used gym at work and the treadmill.
DeleteI'm glad I'm retired. I'm even more glad that pandemic prevented me from popping out of retirement to even do part-time work. So much posturing and politics, even at frivolous jobs, now I don't have to endure any of it. When I go in to the Antique Mall now to fill my space with new Inventory, it's the same old complaints and things that never change... that I hear from previous co-workers... then they want to know when I'm coming back!!! LMAOROTF... no Thanks, I'm good.
ReplyDeleteSounds like you have it worked out for yourself. I am counting down the years till I can make those decisions.
Delete