Sunday I received a call from Firefly. We spoke for twenty minutes. She is still in rehab. She was on virus quarantine but that was due to be over Monday. She sounded in good spirits. I am not sure if it is a false front she puts on or if she is making the best of it. She is over the worst. She said the current group of women is all being discharged soon. She would be in with a small group until it fills up again.
Max came over Sunday. We discussed his plans for college. There doesn't seem to be any now. He has changed his mind for whatever reason. He mentioned thinking about looking for a new job. Plenty of places are hiring. I told him since he has a job, it would be a good time to increase his pay. He has been talking about doing this for several weeks. I hope he gets motivated and does some looking. It wouldn't be hard.
Things are shaking up at my office. Someone got fed up with the drive and put in their notice. I am not sure if it will create any changes. Short term, I will be getting a better office but it comes with an increased workload. You can imagine how happy I am about that.
Best of luck to Firefly. I hope she really gets to a good place. Best of luck to Max. We have so many places hiring here as well. Congrats on the better office but sorry to hear about the increased workload. Does it come with more pay too? Take care.
ReplyDeleteI don't think it comes with more pay. I will have to ask when hte time is right.
DeleteTurnovers don't usually create change since new hires do not know any better. And, motivation is an issue with some younger people; I see it a work where they'd rather dick around with their phones.
ReplyDeleteThe problem is they have a hard time getting qualified new hires. No one wants to work for such a backward thinking outfit. I spend too much time on my phone too :).
DeleteSorry to hear about the increased work load. Hopefully with an increase in pay? I am dreading going back to school next month. Two more years and I will be retired!
ReplyDeleteI probably have 8 more years. I wouldn't mind working a job I enjoyed longer. This is not that job.
DeleteI hope things work out for Firefly.
ReplyDeleteI told my daughter the same thing. She has sent her resume to a few places that are hiring where she could make better money so we'll see.
Max doesn't show much motivation though. Firefly seems motivated.
DeleteI do Hope things work out for both Firefly and Max. I always want the very best for everyone, sometimes it actually happens. Motivation for the Young can be hot and cold, lets face it, hard to stay Motivated when we're Mature, let alone Immature, Right? *winks*
ReplyDeleteI do have problems staying motivated when there is a lack of hunger.
Delete