The world revolves around us
And we're keeping it
Keep it all going
This delicate balance
Vulnerable, all knowing
Sing like you think no one's listening
You would kill for this
Just a little bit
Just a little bit
You would...Existentialism On Prom Night, Straylight Run
You can listen to experts, facts, and opinions. You can look
at both sides of the conversation, but there comes a time when you need to
decide what works for you. I don’t think any one person is totally correct. When
it comes to how to live. I listen to several ideas then formulate my own philosophy.
It doesn’t mean I don’t continue to question and modify it.
Lately, bitterness and anger over the past have been an
issue. Jordan Peterson says if you have memories older than a few years, it is
because you haven’t learned from them. I believe there is some truth to this. Writing
my memoir allowed me to close the door on much of that period of my life. I
haven’t come to resolved how it ended—not yet.
Speaking of unresolved issues, Firefly does not show up on
the jail website and being an inmate anymore. However, she did not reach out to
her parents or me from the rehab for clothes. That isn’t a good sign. I will
not speculate yet.
Good Memories older than a few Years make sense, Bad ones don't, I put those to bed as soon as possible and try to just move on, even if Lessons weren't idyllic, Lessons learned can help you avoid making the same Bad ones. I do hope Firefly turns things around, or you are right, the Signs won't be good, nor the Outcome. I do listen to experts, facts and opinions that are solicited, tend to avoid unsolicited advice, in the end I always decide what works for me... even if nobody else might feel it would work for them... since, My Life. *Smiles*
ReplyDeleteSo many people seem to go along with the crowd.
DeleteI think good and bad memories are remembered for different reasons. I have some very bad childhood memories that just tend to pop up at times. But sometimes memories will surface when someone reminds me of something that happened.
ReplyDeleteI hope Firefly is alright.
She is not alright, but she is in the place she has put herself into.
DeleteYes, I think he is very smart, but I don't think he has all the answers. No ONE person has all the answers.
ReplyDelete