Tuesday, July 21, 2020

Over Think

Bunny:  Just bring my yoga mat correct?

Bathwater: Yes, but it looks like the rain is going to come soon.  I was just going to text you and suggest doing it here.

Bunny: I am still going to drive up to the park.  If it is not going on I will come over.

Sunday Bunny and I planned on going to yoga in the local park.  I went the prior two weeks.  The rain canceled our original plans.

Bunny came into to the condo from the garage.  It has become the unofficial guest entrance.  "It started pouring as I pulled up," Bunny tells me.  "I felt sorry for all the people packing up and running back to their cars."

She is wearing spandex shorts and a loose tee over a sports bra.  I regard her figure, but try not to be obvious.  Bunny is a tall woman, 5' 8".  She has full breast but not over weight.  She is a pretty girl, but I feet more of a physical connection with the Gymnast or Firefly. I cannot explain why.  Partly it is that Bunny is more Bohemian than most girls that attract me.  She doesn't shave her armpits or wear deodorant, and only trims her pubic hair.  I have dated stripper types for the last fifteen years, they don't have an inch of hair on them.

We set up our mats in the basement in front of the big screen TV.  We do an hour of yoga by following along to a YouTube video.  Parts of the video are challenging for me.  I am not in the shape I was in before the virus outbreak.

After yoga, we go out to a local restaurant for lunch. The place is not crowded, but we both feel a lack of comfort being in public.  The staff wears masks, but the customers, including us are without while we are seated eating.  Bunny orders a salad with chicken and I get eggs with sausages.

Bunny tells me she still wants to go kayaking with me.  We make plans for this Friday. Bunny and I don't have any type of arrangement.  I've told her, I cannot provide that for her.  It is a polite way of saying I am not physically attracted to her.  I paid for breakfast and would pay for us to kayak, but I do not provide anything else besides my company. 

I find it odd.  Maybe I shouldn't. Most of my friends are female. None of the others are so young, but age has never been a boundary.  I don't find it odd because of a lack of conversation.  I know Bunny is looking for an arrangement but she doesn't push the issue.  I fact we have not discussed it further.

I find myself in unfamiliar waters.  If Bunny wanted to date.  I probably would... casually.  I always question peoples motives.  It is easier to understand being needed than being wanted.  I am probably overthink things.  I do that too.

15 comments:

  1. I think people's motive have changed over the past few months.
    She might just want to hang-out with someone outside her "usual" circle - bonus if they provide free lunch.
    Or she might want something else entirely, inscrutable :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well you certainly cleared it up nicely, :) thanks Lucy.

      Delete
    2. ahahahaha I'm always too direct!

      Delete
  2. There's a difference between friends do things together and dating, because that's what friends do.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know so what are we doing? I have no idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. why would you date her if you dont think she's attractive?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is nice to have someone to do things with occasionally. I guess it would be more a friendship.

      Delete
  5. Well, she's getting free meals and trips (kayaking), so I'm not sure why you'd be suspicious. I'm uncomfortable going for free anything with male friends. If once in a while, they pick up the bill, great. But as a regular unstated rule, that's not for me. Plenty of women like that and don't need/expect more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have female friend my own age and yes they always split things 50/50 or if I do a favor for them they will reciprocate.

      Delete
  6. huh, do you get the feeling she is just going with the flow and if you hang out enough that you will change your mind about things? I guess I would really have to want to be friends with a guy that I knew I wasn't into romantically in order to hang out with him, like he would really need to have that je ne sais quoi, and I can only think of 1 guy that I've met that would *almost* fit that criteria since moving to Texas. Even then, it wasn't a priority and we lost touch. Any other time when I say something like "lets just be friends" or I agree to a friendship, I likely want more.

    Or perhaps she's just lonely or is one of those people that hates being alone? Not everyone is an ice queen like myself.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't know. Guess it would be nice to find a person that fit all the requirements. I do have plenty of female friends that are just friends, Tinkerbell, Sam and Alexis but they are not 30 years younger than me :).

      Delete
  7. honesty is the best policy, that's what my grandpappy used to say. and Ben Franklin. i've always been attracted to the bohemian types. ever since Cassie from Skins. and Stevie Nicks in the "Gypsy" video. i picture them as magic sprites who dance on stone walls and can never be caught cos they're explorers who must fly, no one person will ever be able to tie them down, cos no one can grapple with their sense of awe and wonder and gnostic knowledge about life...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Like the lyrics say, She is just a wish, she is just ..a wish.

      Delete
  8. The pandemic has done crazy things to our psyches. Maybe she just wants companionship?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to ask today when we are out kayaking.

      Delete