Friday, May 26, 2023

Decisions

 I don't consider many decisions to be life altering. Decisions often make subtle changes in our lives and play out over time. I remember being a young designer on an interview early in my career. The man said to me, "I have two positions I am considering you for. I haven't decided which would be a better fit." He placed me in a group that designed automotive seats. His decision defined the course of my career.

Twelve years ago, on the Friday before Memorial weekend, I walked into the Penthouse Club during the day shift. Something I never did before. I had an agreement with the restroom attendant. I would bring him unused parts from work (wheel center caps). He would sell them online, and we would split the profits. It was the day I first met Billie. An occurrence that still shapes me to this day.


8 comments:

  1. Everything boils down to the choices we make, some of us are satisfied with them, others are not. Things rarely change. Given that decision again, most will make the same choice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would make most of my choices again. The problem with theoretical second chances is most people would go back and try to change the outcoming without really understand why the outcome occurred. Like Quantum Leap without the solution each episode.

      Delete
  2. Sometimes it's the little things that change the course of your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We try to control our lives, but I agree it is the little things we don't control that sometimes have the greatest impacted.

      Delete
  3. Wishing we did something else, doesn't mean it is for the best.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nor does it mean the outcome would be better or different.

      Delete
  4. Every choice we make seems to drive our lives to who we are now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I am talking about the more random and uncontrolled choices that impact us rather than the conscious choices we make.

      Delete