Friday night, Tinkerbell and Tech were on my side of town to drop T-Rex off at a friend's house. T-Rex had to work first, so it was late before they arrived. It was 11:30 pm before the three of us headed out. Most bars in my area close at midnight. We ended up at the bar in the local bowling alley. A colorful place, to say the least.
The bar was empty. A few people were bowling. Surprisingly, I saw several young kids with their parents in the mix. We had a few beers and discussed the state of dating. Things are dry out there. It was fun to see Tink and Tech. I always have fun talking with them.
I ignored my phone on Saturday and worked on my Lego project. Sam reached out, but I still didn't want to hang out. I prefer staying home. I did drag myself out on Sunday. I went around the block to buy some new vapes. On the way home, right in front of the condo complex, I was pulled over.
I had not been speeding. The officer said my tags were expired. I told him that was impossible, my birthday is in September, but sure enough, they were. I don't know how I missed that one. Usually, I am on top of stuff like this. I applied online, and the transaction must not have gone through. Afterward, I forgot about it.
The cop was cool about it. He did give me a ticket but said he would waive it if I updated my registration and made a court appointment. I updated my plates as soon as I got home.
Whoops. Do they not send you a notification when your tags are due? They do in CA. I know roughly when to expect it. At least now it's taken care of.
ReplyDeleteThey do and I usually take care of it. The paperwork is gone which indicates to me that I thought I took care of it. I did it online. The transaction must not have gone through and I forgot about it.
DeleteThat happened to me once, but not because of missing to make an appointment me. I bought a new vehicle that had already been inspected, and that date wasn't my birthday, it was in May, so I missed my state inspection by a number of months.
ReplyDeleteWe don't need to get our vehicles inspected here thank goodness. However, the state wants their money every year.
DeleteI'm not sure I'm following - do carplates expire in the US?
ReplyDeleteit sounds so unexpected I'm not sure I got it right!
Yes, you must renew them every year. It is a money grab by the state.
DeleteSorry to hear you got pulled over and the ticket. Things like that can get away from us when we have other things on our minds. It's easy enough to overlook things like this.
ReplyDeleteI think tried doing my part online and then forgot about it.
DeleteWell that is a bummer about the tags. I have been doing the forgetting something and not following up a little more often than I care to lately.
ReplyDeleteThink it has be come easier to get lost in social media and other distractions.
Delete