Monday, May 9, 2022

Weekend

Saturday, Tink and Tech came over to show off the new car. They dropped T-Rex off at his girlfriend's first. T-rex's girlfriend is moving to Texas, so this will be the last time he sees her. Tink is happy about that. She doesn't feel like the girl is a good influence. 

Tink's new car is a gold color-- a light, burnt orange, metallic. I am happy for her. She has needed a new car for a while. We planned to take a ride up along the lake to Algonac. Tink offered to allow me to drive the new car, but I was moody. Just before they arrived, I got a text from Ava. She was sick and would not be able to hang out Saturday night and Sunday as planned.

Tech did the driving, and I sat in the passenger seat. The sun was out, and temperatures were in the high fifties. We parked the car and took a walk along the boardwalk in Algonac. The small city sits on the bank of the St. Clair river. It was windy near the water but not unpleasant. We walked over three miles, and on the way back, Tink and Tech stopped at a fair to buy flowers for Mother's Day.

Sunday, I ran around all the local stores looking for a lighter blanket for summer. I wanted red or black, but I settled for a beige quilted blanket after exhausting all my options.

6 comments:

  1. I don't run around to store. I don't have the patience.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I like to see things before I buy them. Besides, it gets me out of the house.

      Delete
  2. I'm sure it was good to see them.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was, though I have to admit, I was moody due to Ava's cancelation. It was the second time that week and it triggers warning signs.

      Delete
  3. Sound like a friendly visit.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was a short visit, but it was good to see them.

      Delete