I don't blame Ava for making the decision she did. She is getting everything she wants right now. Well, almost everything. The fact she admits to wanting to change him and that she wants to continue seeing me despite the fact it would jeopardize the relationship suggests some things are missing.
Ava has a strong personality and can positively influence a person. She changed some of my habits just through her presence, but this new boyfriend was complacent before meeting Ava. He was overweight and didn't take care of himself or his home. Relationships tend to make a person complacent, though, and like I told her, he probably thinks he won the prize, and the race is over. It's not.
I've come to understand female nature better in the last two years by reading and analyzing past relationships and the women around me. Ava is a textbook example. I am not saying she is a bad person. On the contrary, I like Ava. She is a lot of fun to be around. Without feeling I've been taken advantage of, I've taken away some valuable lessons from her and had great experiences. I'm sad to see it ending so soon.
I wish I learned these things earlier in life, but back then the information was not as readily available. It is a shame most of our knowledge comes through living experiences. I envy those who learn things at a young.
You sit there in your heartache
Waiting on some beautiful boy to
To save you from your old ways
You play forgiveness
Watch it now, here he comes...When You Were Young, The Killers
Living and learning is how most people get knowledge. Most people don't believe you when you try to tell them something, they have to live it out for themselves first. Sorry to hear things are ending with Ava.
ReplyDeleteYes, I am sorry too, but these arrangements are never meant to last long.
DeleteSorry, Bathwater. Hope the next one works out better for you.
ReplyDeleteIt is not that Ava didn't work out. We had fun together. I just don't think we will be continuing.
DeleteWisdom comes from Experiences and Learning from them. The Young often do foolish things, but there's no Fool like an Old Fool.
ReplyDeleteVery true. I hope to not be an old fool.
DeleteYouth is wasted on the young. I daresay that if some of that same information had been around when you were younger, you wouldn't have heeded it. You weren't ready for it. Now that you're ready to process it, you see what has always been there.
ReplyDeleteMaybe I would not have, but I would have liked to of had the information anyway.
Delete