It was a busy three-day weekend. The weather was still cold and dreary, but I expect to have some good days this week for our trip to Kentucky. Friday, I went to have Alexis cut my hair, and I removed and installed screens in their new windows.
After I left, her sister's boss called. Alexis' older sister is an alcoholic and goes through binge cycles where she doesn't eat and only drinks. Alexis' sister is not healthy on a good day. She only weighs ninety pounds. The sister passed out at work, and Alexis was forced to pick her up and get her to the ER. She was a mess. I didn't learn all this until Sunday, but I am getting ahead of the story.
Saturday, Ava and I went to Whole Foods to stock up on snacks for our upcoming road trip this week. After grocery shopping, we stopped and had lunch at one of the small restaurants near the grocery. We decided to extend the day by going to the gym, so we swung by her place to pick up her gym bag and then headed for my condo to unload the snacks. We ended up going to the gym location closer to my house. It is a nicer location than where she usually goes.
Ava did some time on the stair machine (her favorite) and the sauna, while I used the weight machines that my gym at work lacks. We didn't stay long, but the gym is next to an outdoor mall, so we also walked around there. Though cold, the sun was out earlier in the day, but the sun was behind clouds when we got to the outdoor mall. We didn't end up staying long.
Ava picked up two items at Buckle. A bright red spaghetti strip bra-let and a rose color crop-top with lacy details around the neck and shoulders. She doesn't think she has the body to wear them, but I continuously assure her she does. She will say, one day, when I am in shape. She is young and in shape now. It gets harder the older you get, so she shouldn't wait.
Sunday, I got the bikes ready for our trip. I pulled the spare bike off the stand in the basement and replaced the training tire with a road wheel. I added a phone and water bottle holder to the orange bike and moved the accessory rack because the seat will be too low for it if Ava is riding the silver bike. I am almost set for the road trip to Mammouth Caves National Park.
I had Easter dinner over at Alexis' house. There were five of us, including Sam and me. After, we went to Alexis' sister's work to pick up her car and take it back to her house. The sister is still in the hospital detoxing. Sam and I made a quick trip to Meijer to pick up a part for a broken toilet, and Alexis cleaned up and took care of the sister's cats.

I hope you had a nice Easter.
ReplyDeleteIt was good. It is nice to spend time with friends.
DeleteI hope you have a safe trip!
ReplyDeleteIt should be.
DeleteLots of prep work, it sounds like. I hope you have a good trip.
ReplyDeleteI like to be prepared, though this time I just don't feel as if I am as prepared. We will see. Ava usually keeps us moving all day though.
DeleteNice bikes. I see you have cushy seats; I haven't had one of those in years.
ReplyDeleteThe silver bike is set up as a comfort bike. At my age I need all the comforts I can get. :).
DeleteI always liked the Sauna at the Gym, in fact when we had a Membership, I think that and the Massage Parlor was all I used... is that Wrong? *LOL*
ReplyDeleteI am not sure that it is wrong but it isn't the healthiest part of the gym to be in.
Delete