I call Ava by several names. I'll call here Busybee because she self admittedly never sits still. I'll call her Violet because Ava said she was much like the character from the Incredibles Movies in high school. Ava keeps have hair dyed dark. It contrasts nicely with her pale skin tone, and she tends toward black clothes. I like to remind her she is incredible too.
She likes the name Ava and doesn't mind being called it in public. Her least favorite is her own name, and she tells her mother and sister not to call her it in public. It isn't bad, but there is an ethnic pronunciation that most people don't catch.
We have made plans for another road trip because our first was so enjoyable. Next week we will be going south again. This time we will be adventuring through Kentucky's Mammoth Cave national park and some other parks in the area. Mammoth Cave is only a seven-hour drive from the condo, and we'll be staying at a bed & breakfast.
Ava's been very open since our trip. I am no longer questioning her honesty. She answers all my questions and gives me updates concerning her life. She's never had to tell me everything, and I'm sure she still doesn't, but we are complete opposites. She likes her privacy, while I tend to be open. It is nice we have found some middle ground.
I am so glad to hear that she is being more open. The trip seems to have been exactly what you guys needed. Have fun on the next trip.
ReplyDeleteYes I think spending that much time together has made a lot of difference.
DeleteYou two seem to be getting on well lately. Have a nice trip.
ReplyDeleteIt isn't that we weren't getting along before, but we are closer now.
DeleteI deal with quite a few immigrants and many will adopt a name, especially the Indians, who rarely go by their 7 or 8 syllable name.
ReplyDeleteYes, I work for a Chinese company and they all have picked English names.
Delete