Well, things are almost back to normal. Yesterday, I spent the day in rural Michigan, or as I like to call it, 'the land of churches, Dollar stores, and cemeteries.' This was a work trip to our manufacturing facility to review the plant with six people from one of our customers. Few people are wearing masks, which is okay if you have been vaccinated. It is amazing how many people in the red portion of my state have been vaccinated. Insert eye-roll here 🙄.
The steroids have not helped with the pressure or the ringing in my ear yet. I took two a day for a week. Tomorrow I start weaning back to one a day. I have good days and bad days but no silent days.
Max took down his TikTok account. He says it was a 'cringy community,' so he got bored of it. He does get bored of things easily. Seem to be a lot of people on there starving for attention and their fifteen minutes of fame. What has society come to?
My manager went with me on this work trip. I used the time alone on the 2.5-hour drive to put in a few jabs about us being back in the office full time. They seemed to roll off his back. He is a bachelor and lives ten minutes from the office. I think he likes coming into the office—besides, no one questions when he takes off early or works from home. So far, that actually goes for all of us. Everyone is silently doing what they need to do, just as long as it is not extreme—business as usual.
mmmm sorry to hear that the meds are not helping.
ReplyDeleteSome people always feel immortal - until they fall sick, that is.
I will get used to it. I don't want to let it stop me. I don't feel or want to be immortal. I feel age creeping up. I just want to enjoy what is left. I don't want it to be forever.
Deleteoh, sorry Bath I realize my comment probably sounded different from what I intended. About the feeling immortal, I was referring to the no-mask, no-vax etc
Delete:-*
The eyeroll was great! I have no problem with the unvaccinated; the virus will continue to cycle through them weeding them out. And Max is right about the 'cringy community.' Many will do anything for that 15 minutes of fame.
ReplyDeleteI find it entertaining but it can also be a time wasting sink hole. I am glad he isn't sinking in it.
Delete