Monday, January 18, 2021

My Opinion

Several of you suggest I should get rid of Firefly.  I told her this weekend she needed to find another place to live.  It wasn't working for her or me.  One commenter suggested I needed an intervention.  I am Simping to hard on Firefly.  They suggested I hate myself and asked if I believe I can have a relationship with a real woman.

That sounds like something a woman would say.  I see "real" woman my age on Bumble all the time. They are overweight, still have kids under eighteen or pictured with their dog.  Even these woman only swipe right on 4.5% of men.  I have single female friends my age.  They are good friends but would make bad dating material. Older woman come with baggage too.  It is just different baggage. I could put my effort into chasing these women but I don't want them.

I don't want a second family.  I am not looking to get married. That boat sailed when my wife filed for divorce. I don't want to deal with someone else's kids. I am fifty-six years old.  I am doing what I want.  If Firefly doesn't work out I will find someone else.  In a few more years I won't even care.

Do I need an intervention? No.  I am not spending myself into poverty.  My marriage was the most expensive relationship I ever had.  If the right woman comes along, sure I would be interested in dating them.  But I am not going to sit around waiting for them.  My story may be hard to read for some but I see a lot of guys stories out there that I would rather not be too.

 


13 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Perhaps but no ones views are objective. They are formed from their own experiences.

      Delete
  2. Oh, I do think you will care in a few years, we all still care.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have had a blog for many years, and I run into this sometimes, differing opinions or comments, sometimes pretty strongly worded. What I take from it: if we write publicly, we are going to get feedback and comments of all kinds. It comes with the territory. There is no need to explain yourself unless you really want to. I take it with a grain of salt. If it's useful, I take it to heart. If I don't think it is, I let it go.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't mind peoples opinion. If I didn't want feedback I would turn the comments off.

      Delete
  4. Billie and I were in a relationship for many years. Firefly has gotten under my skin in a lot of ways because she reminds me a lot of Billie but I am not expecting a relationship from her. She was cost effective for what I wanted for a while and I hoped it would give her time to get her life together. It didn't.
    I do like the company and the sex.

    I am an old fashioned guy. I will always focus on the superficial. You can ask any guy 20 to 50 what age woman they prefer the majority will say woman in their 20's. We are programmed that way.
    I don't need a woman to cook, clean or finically support me. You are right most woman think the deserve a guy over 6' and with a six pack. But they themselves don't measure up to it.

    I am 5' !0" weigh in at 160 pounds. I am in shape but not ripped. I exercise almost every day. I am not bad looking but not a stud and I make six figures. I should be a decent catch.

    I think I like the drama. It keeps things interesting. I will put up with it from a twenty-year old but not a 40 or 50 year old. Maybe because they should know better or because the 20 year old is hotter. I hope you enjoy the blog post but don't expect to much change.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope you find what you're looking for. But I hope you find someone who will bring some happiness into your life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is me who needs to bring happiness in my life. I think I need to learn it.

      Delete
  6. I don't think Secret Escape's comments are bad, I think she's given a valid opinion tbh. You might have set yourself your very own trap - as you say, you find it exciting enough to put up with the shit that comes with it. You never know who is going to sideswipe you. Maybe one day it will be an older woman with baggage. Not all baggage is bad news - sometimes it brings along a wealth of experience and empathy. Be open to anything and don't be quick to dismiss something or someone. ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe someone will. I am not totally closed off to it. I do like having someone around. It helps fill the time.

      Delete
  7. You clearly know yourself well and you're transparent about that assessment of yourself from this honest response. Even a nice old fashioned guy can be superficial, my observation is that Men in general are very Visual and that's what most are drawn to. My Gay Grandson said that is why a Gay Man will keep in Shape for another Gay Man but a Straight Man won't for a Woman... pity that is Fact. My Fifteen Year Old Granddaughter, his Little Sister, did ask me once why most of the Gay Guys were so Hot and so many of the Straight Guys... not so much. She has some little crushes on a couple of Gay Men, one is her Best Friend and they tell each other they Love each other all of the time. The sweetest thing they said was that if he wasn't Gay, they'd Marry one day... Love can take many forms and many relationships, you've found relationships that for whatever reasons, is your present comfort zone. I looked for Love in all the wrong places during my wayward Youth, after 30 I finally found The Man and the rest is History... we both had considerable 'baggage' as you call it, who doesn't, Right?

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yes we all have baggage. what we are looking for at twenty is different from what we are looking for at fifty. Before Billie I felt like I never found a good relationship. Even though it is over the need to have something like that is not as strong.

    ReplyDelete