Thursday, November 14, 2019

Dismemberment

I pulled into the driveway at the address she provide me in her email.  The brick ranch showed signs of age on the outside.  A snow covered Ford focus is parked in the driveway.  She opens the door as I approached.   She is younger than she appeared in her photo and prettier, with curly blond shoulder length hair and a wide comforting smile.

Once inside she has me take off my shoes.  She is dressed in a long sweater over purple and pink leggings and matching purple and pink wool socks.  I am in jeans and a faded red pullover. 

On the inside the house looks freshly remodeled.  The furniture is comfortable and new. There is incense or a scented candle burning and native american music is playing. I am here for a shamanic healing and she is my shaman.  I sit cross legged on the couch and she mirrors my pose on a chair opposite me.  She explains what she will be doing.  She is going off on a spirit journey to clear my chakras and restore balance.

I sit crossed legged and meditate while she is on her journey.  They atmosphere is conducive to meditation.  I find myself in a deeper state than ever before. Images and colors pass before my mind but disappear when I try to focus on them.

Twenty minutes late she is explaining what she did.  She was directed to do a spiritual body dismemberment and to heal each chakras outside the spiritual body.  She says she has never been instructed to do a dismemberment before.  She tells me I was a samurai in a past life and was instructed me to remind me of my power.  My spirit animal is a red dragon. Which is coincidentally what I have tattooed on the left side of my chest and what I painted for my bedroom when I moved into the condo many years ago.


She recommended a book, The Way of the Peaceful Warrior.  I have started reading it and it falls in line with much I have already been reading.  I am not sure how much faith I have in her journey but it was worth keeping an open mind and I do feel different today, stronger.

2 comments:

  1. Peaceful Warrior takes place at UC Berkeley, my alma mater

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes it does. Not sure about the story but the message is the same as other books I have been reading. If it turns into a love story I will be disappointed.

    ReplyDelete