It's safe to say I've become invested in Violet (but you probably already knew that). I care about what happens to her, but I also like her. I think she likes me too.
I want her to establish herself and become independent, but the car ride back did feel empty without her there.
I'm walking a fine line. If she decides to come back, I want it to be her choice. I'd like her to be a part of my life, while at the same time, I want her to reach a point where she has absolutely no need to.
It sounds selfless, but being selfless can feel a bit lonely at the moment.
If she stopped needing my help tomorrow, would there still be something between us that both of us wanted?
I think there is. I think she does too.
I'm not sure how much of that is just the adrenaline of the moment, but I'd like to find out.
Like Tom Petty said, "The waiting is the hardest part."
One thing is for sure: my blog gets more interesting when a woman is involved.
What is the Chinese curse? May you live in interesting times.
ReplyDeleteI think the universe is aligned against me though, probably for my own good.
DeleteYes, most certainly, the blog gets interesting as you proceed down this path.
DeleteChecking in hope all is well
DeleteWow, you certainly had a busy few days! Good on you for helping her get out.
ReplyDeleteYes, just another chapter in my ongoing saga of unusual life.
DeleteI'm still reading. I love animals, and yet, I wonder when one's life is so complicated, what makes them think getting dogs is a good idea?
ReplyDeleteI am also reminded that the "bailing someone out" is not just something that happens in movies but it is real in the USA. That applies to many other things (some good, some bad).
I think you are a good person and I'm glad you helped her. I hope you do not get hurt.
Yes, there are some good people here. Not just me, but the woman at the muffler shop. I'm not going to get hurt. I want better for Violet. I got her somewhere safer. That is enough for me.
DeleteOh, and about the dogs, it makes perfect sense. Being able to love and care for something that gives you unconditional love in return.
DeleteIndeed - and I believe there are waaaayyy more good ppl then bad. I understand about the dogs but where are they now? Hopefully the bastard is better to dogs than he is to women.
DeleteThey are with him. Hopefully, they stay with him.
DeleteChecking on You my blogger friend.
ReplyDelete