Wednesday, March 8, 2023

Addressing

 Over the weekend, I was working upstairs when my doorbell rang. I seldom get unexpected visitors. It is usually solicitors, but it was late in the evening. I answered the door to a pizza delivery person. I told her she had the wrong address. This often happens with Door Dash deliveries. The odd thing about this order was she had the correct address. I told her I didn't order the pizzas, and she went on her way.

Yesterday there was a package on my porch. It had the correct address but the wrong name. It was for a Hannah Ramirez. I don't know anyone with that name. I think it is the same person who ordered the pizza. This leaves me wondering who doesn't know their own address?

I left the package on the porch overnight but removed it today. I don't want to invite porch pirates. I will not traipse through the complex, searching for this person. She can seek out my condo. It is still cold out.

I would seek out the owner if it had a different address, but it was delivered to the correct address.

12 comments:

  1. That is wild! I received a package with no name or address one day. It turned out to be for the neighbor next door. Weird.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This is not one of my next door neighbors, I know them. I have no idea who this would be.

      Delete
  2. Someone is getting very upset that her things aren't getting delivered. I wonder if she's new to the complex.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You would think getting the address incorrect is something that would only happen once. I am surprised they haven't started looking for their package.

      Delete
  3. If the package came from Amazon, get the shipping number from the return address and notify Amazon. They will notify the buyer. Also, does your street have an east and west, or north and south? Pizza delivery guys make that mistake in this area and I've had pizzas arrive that were supposed to go to West Cumberland.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We don't have north, south. Our addresses are individual. I glanced at the package, but it didn't seem to come from Amazon.

      Delete
  4. Looking forward to the conclusion of this mystery, Bathwater. Keep us updated.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sadly, I don't think it will get resolved anytime soon.

      Delete
  5. Oh that is weird. I hope she figures out her address so this doesn't keep happening.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. For her sake, you would think she would figure it out. Or else maybe there is some drugs hidden in the package of close :).

      Delete
  6. The hardship of having a common name and family name!
    Mine is unique, mostly because we are a small family but also thanks to the fact that the family name is a spelling mistake (great grandfather family name was quite different from the one that my GrandFather got - funnily enough, he had two brothers and each got a different family name assigned at the register office!). This makes for an awkward spelling, but it's easy to find me and I can't be mistaken for other people on the internet or so!
    My husband is the opposite - he has one of the most frequent combos of name + family name in our country!
    As a result, all fidelity programs in shops etc are made on my name so it's easier to retrieve...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it is a name issue, apparently she knows her name just not where she lives. It can only be one of twelve neighbors and I know about half of those.

      Delete