Tuesday, November 3, 2020

Work In Progress

 It is after midnight.  I am trying to sleep.  Firefly is still trying to settle down and is staring at the screen of her phone.  When her Seroquel kicks in, I roll onto my back and she snuggles into me.  

"Why do you keep me around," she asks.

She is drowsy and is asleep before I can reply.  I don't have an answer.  Rothwilder would say I am retreading familiar ground.  This is true, but I am expecting a different outcome, or am I here because I know what to expect?  Covid changed a few things.  It is not easy to get out and keep busy. Having Firefly around has helped.

How is she doing.  I am really not sure.  She is on Suboxone.  Which means technically she is not doing any Fentanyl, but she is getting the Suboxone off the streets which means continuing her old routines.   Let's just say it is a work in progress.  

The year keeps plodding on toward the end.  I am still counting down the days.  

4 comments:

  1. you can do it, Firefly! go to sleep on this day of all days, dream, and wake up tomorrow in a brand new world...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well it is the same world but maybe with a better perspective.

      Delete
  2. I suspect that week barely scratched the surface.

    ReplyDelete