Monday night Firefly came home late with little in the way of explanation. Tuesday it was difficult to pull her out of bed at noon so she could make her 1:15 appointment with the addiction doctor. She didn't come home Tuesday night. She said she was staying with a friend in Warren. It start big text exchange. I told her this was not working for me and she should find another place to live among other things.
Wednesday she continued to avoid coming back to the condo. She was probably afraid I would take away her keys. It rained all day Wednesday. I headed out to a few places I felt I might find her but I didn't see any trace of her. I gave up and went home. She text me again in the evening telling me she was in Washington Township staying with another friend.
By Thanksgiving morning the rain had stopped. I got up earlier. I cannot stop Firefly from spiraling out of control but she was not going to be using the car I paid for and insure to do it. I figured if she was staying with a friend from school like she said it would be in an apartment. Twenty year old kids cannot afford to own a home in that area. There ae not many apartment complexes in the area. So I took a twenty minute drive to Washington Township and did a little looking around.
The first place I checked was on the way to where I really felt she would be. I drove through but didn't see the Saturn Vue. I found the Vue in the second apartment complex. I parked me truck across the street and walked back to the Vue. The Saturn had a quarter tank of gas. I drove it to a nearby Meijer parking lot. The grocery store was open and people were still buying last minute Thanksgiving day meal items. I walked back to my truck and drove home. Once I got home, I took an Uber and retrieved the Vue.
It was not until after 5:00 pm that she noticed the car was missing.
Firefly: 'You took the car?'
Bathwater: 'You went off the rails and disappeared for two days.'
She said she is going to pay for the car and then I can be done with her. It won't happen. She was silent today. Probably going through withdrawals.
I really am sorry to hear that.
ReplyDeleteI am also but it is probably for the best. The juice wasn't worth the squeeze.
DeleteSad news.
ReplyDeleteIt came down to her happiness or mine, but I'd be lying if I said I was happy wit it.
DeleteSorry to hear that but I think you did the right thing.
ReplyDeleteThanks, I know I did the right thing. I just wish I didn't have to do it.
DeleteDoesn't it happen like this time and time again... You Try .. We Try.... but all in all ... the responsibility lies with the person at hand... I wish the best for you.
ReplyDeleteIt is a losing game. I am just trying to fill the hole in my heart left behind from Billie. These other girls are just pale shadows of her.
Delete