Monday, October 12, 2020

Getting Old

 The house holds the little warmth of the day.  The nights are cool  but we still leave the sliding door cracked.  Saturday we left our bikes at home and decided to hike the trails at our park.  The weather was perfect.  In typical fashion when going out with Tinkerbell, the T-Rex and her boyfriend the hike was over three hours long.  I feel it in my knees and legs.  Even though I ride my bike most days, doing something different can be telling.  


I am cuddled up next to Firefly.  We are both restless.  It is after midnight and she is winding down.  I am on my second wind.  We are spooned.  My hand is stroking her legs and ass.  Our legs are intertwined but my knees and legs are aching and I am having trouble laying still.  I get up, go down to the kitchen and take two Tylenol.  

When I slide back into bed I face the opposite direction.  Firefly turns with me and continues to cuddle into me until we fall asleep.  I am still pushing her to get into a rehab.  Being here is not doing her any good.  She is treading water and costing me money.  I told her I am putting the old Jeep up for sale next week.  She thinks she will be gone by the end of the week.  I will miss her when she is gone but she has to leave first.

The end of the year will coming quickly now.  I am looking forward to the change.  People think the virus will risk will be higher this winter.  I am fine with just buckling down and staying indoors.  We will see.   I want to get back to my routine.  I have been putting on weight and my stomach has been giving me some pains again.  Not bad ones but I am getting worried that it will return around the holidays.


10 comments:

  1. Hope all will be well with you... the news reports are some what unnerving .. will the second wave be greater and more intense than the first... Stay Safe.... Mr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am going to start preparing for a second wave. I don't think we will shutdown like the first wave. Usually the news likes to hype.

      Delete
  2. Oh Bath, take care of your tummy now - before the holiday season starts. You'll not regret it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You're not the only one who's been putting on weight. Damn! I think this damn election is causing me to eat more... much more.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am trying very hard to get it under control. Once Firefly leaves this week. It will be easier.

      Delete
  4. i feel ya. I'm always that 12-year-old boy in spirit but i'm an old man now: I forget and misplace things, I think I've done chores when in fact I have not, my whole body aches. I need to dig a jacuzzi in my backyard for the LUSH soaps. and it wouldn't hurt if my monastery had air-conditioning. Vanquish pills for me, I couldn't function without my Vanquish and Coke

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yea, I am ageless in my own mind. The body betrays though. I am trying to stay away from pills and soft drinks.

      Delete