Tuesday, September 15, 2026

Bland Update

 Two weeks ago, when I was writing about September plans, I was communicating regularly with Violet. Things were playful, and we were both looking forward to seeing each other. About a week ago, she went silent.

It seems out of character. I have several working theories as to why she hasn't replied to either of my last two texts, because I can't allow events to just happen without analyzing them.

At the top of my theories is that she couldn't pay her phone bill and it got cut off. This happened before. It was actually the case the day I rescued her at the muffler shop. That happened a month ago, so it lines up.

Add to that, her month doesn't have internet or a car, and Violet just started work, so money is tight.

I am aware that there are other possibilities. I've thought about them all, and though I am biased, I still think this one fits the best.

I'll be perfectly fine regardless of how things develop or don't develop. I have a five-day vacation coming up and a story being published online tomorrow. It would have been fun to see her, but I won't be devastated if I don't. Thursday is her payday. We'll see if she resurfaces.

No comments:

Post a Comment