Sunday, July 19, 2026

Summer Haze

Sunday, Max and I went to New Baltimore for lunch. I watched the young girls eyeing Max. He probably doesn't even notice. The kid would be dangerous if he developed his conversation skills. I get my share of looks from the geriatric crowd, but the young, cute ones get all nervous around Max's blue eyes. 

Max is working as a carpentry apprentice-- yes, another new job. Although the smoke has forced him to stay home for a few days. There will be more of that coming next week as well. It will be another night of keeping the air conditioner on and the windows closed, even though the temperatures we are having (lows in the high 50s) would usually allow me to turn off the air and open the windows for the night.

Just another glorious summer.

9 comments:

  1. The "geriatric crowd" made me laugh out loud :-)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know, I am disowning my own generation.

      Delete
    2. I just like the expression. I do refer to myself as a geriatric millennial;-)

      Delete
  2. Hmm at least ya'll have relative low humidity I hope

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sometimes Young Men aren't aware of the attention, The Son was always oblivious at how smitten Young Women were with him or around him. It is smokey around here too since our Northern part of the State and some surrounding States are all on Fire.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think being aware is an acutely good trait to foster.

      Delete
  4. The fires in Australia seem to get worse each summer. I’m sure it’s the same in Canada. I always break out the air purifiers during fire season.

    Hopefully this job sticks for Max!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hopefully, but I will not be surprised if it doesn't.

    ReplyDelete