I have eight spent Breeze vapes lined up on my desk. Occasionally, you can still get a hit off one, but that will come to an end by tomorrow. I have vowed not to buy any more— again.
Mine are all Yellow, Lemon Mint. I'm debating whether I will replace the nicotine with ZYNs for a few days. They are a nicotine pouch that you place in your lip. I don't really like them, though. Max uses them.
The problem is, I like vaping. I guess that is what every smoker says. I can feel the effect it is having on my lungs, though. If there is one way I don't want to die, it is suffocating. Not being able to breathe is triggering for me. Ironic, I know.
I've managed to weave vaping into every aspect of my life over the past few years, driving, writing, and at work. The fidget spinner is just not a replacement.
I'm already picturing the added weight struggle that this is going to bring with it. I haven't lost all the weight I gained over the winter. I'm going to need some serious focus. I quit vaping over Christmas. I was three months into it when I decided to start again. I really wish I could do it occasionally, but that is not how I am wired anymore.
I have vaped 4 to 5 evenings a week over the past two months and I already regret it. I like the kick and it helps with restricting food but it’s becoming an addiction and I know I do not need another monkey on my shoulder. I don’t think replacements are a good idea
ReplyDeleteI don't enjoy the replacements, but I have been vaping on and off for many years. I like it. My lungs don't. I will probably need the replacements to ease off, again.
DeleteOccasionally, it turned into every day all day for me.
DeleteThe addiction process is sometimes overwhelming. Personal commitment, as you know, takes courage and fortitude. I hope you are successful in this endeavor
ReplyDeleteI have no desire, except for the effect I feel it is having; I wouldn't stop.
DeleteI read somewhere that smoking (so I will include vaping for this) is kind of like self-medication for people with anxiety disorders (and maybe ADHD?). If you can find something to help the underlying condition (whatever it may be), it might help with the cravings. Addiction is hard, and quitting is good. Maybe don't be so hard on yourself if you slip.
ReplyDeleteI don't think that is the issue.
ReplyDeleteBest of luck to you. It’s no easy feat. I have already had so many issues with my lungs, being unable to breathe truly is terrifying, but I’ve never been able to quit. Like you, I simply enjoy it.
ReplyDeleteYeah, it is not going too well for me either.
Delete