When we returned to Tinkerbell's place, she showed me her preparations for Halloween. A three-foot-tall soft-serve ice cream cone sat in her living room. Her theme was Willy Wonka.
"Tink, this is amazing! How did you do that?" I asked.
She went into detail on how she constructed it. "The bottom is a trash can. The top I made from pool noodles."
"What about the sprinkles?"
"Those are clay. You have to bake them first."
The result was outstanding. She'd captured every detail, down to the texture on the cone. But this was only part of it. Stuffed in closets throughout the house were large toadstools, gumdrops, and lollipops. Each piece exploded with detail.
In the downstairs closet, there were materials for a giant Pop-Tart she was creating next.
"You could do this professionally," I said.
Tinkerbell downplayed her skills, but I’m an arts-and-crafter myself. I know good work. People would pay for such a display. She had been working on things since December.
"Wouldn't you love getting paid for what you enjoy doing?"
We headed back outside. Tink sat on her porch while I stood nearby. Tinkerbell gossiped about her neighbors as they entered and exited the condos across the street. Unlike the dorm, this time I was reluctant to leave.
I’ll make sure to post some pictures of the completed display.
Wow, she's really skilled. How would one go about getting paid to do that, though? That might be the biggest stumbling block.
ReplyDeleteI'm not sure, but I am sure it is our there.
Delete