Before my trip with Tinkerbell, I wondered if she had ulterior motives. I was analyzing her from a distance--the invitation, her desire to get a new job with more money. They had me thinking that she might be thinking of making a change in her relationship.
The undercurrents were there, but I think she has made peace with them. Her boyfriend is loyal and makes good money; she values those more than she misses other aspects. I know this by the way she talked about Billie or Gia when each left. Tinkerbell sees things through her eyes.
I try seeing others' possible motivations--which often differ from my own. You don't have to agree with them to see them.
I have been writing 2 hours a day, often more. Gaming has suffered. So has my sleep. I am not sure I am getting closer to my goal, but I am trying.
Today, I think I wrote my best piece yet. I melded two short nonfiction essays into one. Which is a good counterweight to getting my first rejection letter last night.
I'm glad you're being consistent with the Writing, you'll get into the rhythm of it. Congrats on Writing your best piece yet. As for the motives of other people, I can't always accurately assess what's going on in the Head Spaces of other people, it's enuf to figure out my own motives sometimes.
ReplyDeleteIt sounds like you need to be writing right now.
ReplyDelete