"Someone help me." It was the phrase repeated over and over throughout the day by the elderly woman with dementia in the room down the hall from me while I was in the hospital Monday/Tuesday. Why was I in the hospital? Good question.
Monday afternoon, while at work, I started feeling dizzy and nauseous. It felt like being drunk and having the spins. This is the third episode I have had over the last three months. I thought the first two were from food poisoning, but there was no way this third episode was related to food.
Within an hour, I go from perfectly fine to having vertigo and puking uncontrollably. I am unable to function. The episodes last anywhere from 4 to 12 hours.
One of my coworkers took me to the ER. The Emergency Room was busy, but they jumped me to the front of the line because they were afraid I was having a stroke. That wasn't the case. It seems my Meniere's Disease is getting worse. Although they haven't said that yet. I still need to go in for an MRI and see the specialist.
In the meantime, they gave me pills to take if I start getting dizzy and pills to take if I start getting nauseous. Which is very different from giving you a pill to keep you from getting dizzy or nauseous. I am going through the motions of taking the test and seeing the doctors, but I doubt they will have a definitive solution. They didn't before.
I Googled what that is and... you're a rarity. What a pain in the ass! So sorry to hear this is causing you problems. Maybe a nice, quiet vacation would help.
ReplyDeleteI am afraid to go anywhere right now until I get some answers.
DeleteYikes. Sorry. That sucks. What sucks worse is not getting a definitive answer. Hopefully they'll figure out something this time.
ReplyDeleteWell I am not expecting any answers, but I will try.
DeleteMy boss had thought he had Menieres but it turned out to be bppv, which i think is much less serious. I am not a stranger to ear troubles so i understand how debilitating it can be but fortunately those days are behind me. I sincerely hope the same for you.
ReplyDeleteMeniere's has a certain hearing loss associated with it.
DeleteSyphilis test? You have some adventurous partners Sir. Not a dig, just saying cross it off the list.
ReplyDeleteGood ides except I use protection and none of my symptoms are associated with Syphilis.
DeleteLets hope you begin to improve quickly.. Inner Ear concerns are no fun.
DeleteI hope this is temporary and you improve quickly
ReplyDeleteThanks, Tommy. I do too.
DeleteHealing Energies to you. Thankfully it wasn't a Stroke, but, still concerning and debilitating. I hope it's resolved and you make a complete recovery.
ReplyDeleteIf it was a stroke, I would know what was wrong. But, yes a stroke is bad.
Delete