Monday, April 10, 2023

The Weekend

I had a nice three-day weekend. I stayed home most of that time. Although Saturday, I did step out to Khols to buy some new shirts for work. I worked on a new Lego project, but I am not happy with the results yet. I want my creations to be exceptional, and this one is coming out too mundane for me.

I turned down the opportunity to go to Alexis' house for Easter dinner. I was comfortable just staying home. I thought about my reasons for wanting to stay home and concluded that I like staying home. I am not depressed. I am motivated to work on things and prefer my own company right now. That sounds like I am being anti-social or against the norm. 

14 comments:

  1. Sometimes I do things with friends, other times I don't. That's fine with me.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You don't seem to be the most social though Dave :).

      Delete
  2. Three day weekend our great.
    Coffee is on and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Finland wants three day weekends to be standard.

      Delete
  3. Being content is not being anti-social. I think it's a great achievement to be happy by ourselves!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think knowing what you need at the moment and what makes you happy is a good thing, Bathwater.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree. There are times I want to go out and other times I want to focus on indoor projects.

      Delete
  5. It depends, I think. Are you avoiding going out? Likely not at this moment, so no worries. Sometimes we just don't want to be around people.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think I am avoiding going out. There are times when I like going out.

      Delete
  6. I prefer my own company as well so I get it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. As we get older, I think some people just grow that way.

      Delete
  7. I think it sounds like you want to take care of yourself and I'm glad to hear that. Good luck with the lego. I totally understand that need for things to be exceptional.

    ReplyDelete