Tuesday, April 18, 2023

The Weekend

 We had our first warm and sunny Saturday. Sam and I took our bikes up to the Orchard Trail for our first ride of the season. We drove up North Avenue to Armada. It is a two-lane road with a fifty-mile-an-hour speed limit. It passes through rural areas with plenty of open fields. Sam counted 14 dead deer along the nine-mile stretch. I commented that I would not want to drive the road at night. 

Sunday, early spring weather returned. Sam wanted to go shopping at Twelve Oaks Mall. It is an hour's drive on a good day, but construction on the freeway in the area had it shut down, adding another ten minutes to the drive. I didn't end up buying anything. The one shirt that interested me was a peach-colored Hugo Boss short-sleeved button-down, but they wanted $138 for it, and I decided it was too expensive. 

This week is supposed to be cold and rainy. We had snow showers overnight. I took a life expectancy calculator test today. It says I will live to be 90. Thirty-two more years. I guess there is no need to retire early as of now. Not that I have thought that way. I plan on working till I am 70. There is no reason not too. 

8 comments:

  1. Congrats on the test and enjoy those 32 years!

    ReplyDelete
  2. If you enjoy working, might as well keep working.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear that malls are going out of fashion.
    Coffee is on and stay safe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They sure are, I will have to start shopping on line :(

      Delete
  4. Do those life expectancy calculators take into account family medical history? Because with my family's history of heart disease and cancer I don't expect to live another 30 years.

    It's been a while since I was in a mall.

    ReplyDelete