Wednesday, February 22, 2023

Boundaries

 Joy turned thirty Monday. She sent me a text in the afternoon. I didn't expect to hear from her again. 

Joy: Worset birthday ever.

Bathwater: Happy birthday; sorry things aren't going so well.

It is our first time communicating since I said we probably weren't compatible. Her response to that was that's fine, take care.

Joy didn't respond to my birthday reply, which is good. I don't see any reason to get sucked back into seeing her.

She clearly has a lot going on. I don't feel like dealing with it or taking advantage of it. Perhaps I am setting boundaries.

6 comments:

  1. 30 wasn't bad. 40 wasn't bad. I did have a bit of a bad spell when I turned 43 and someone asked how I felt knowing my life was half over. Now I know it wasn't. At birth, I signed up for at least 100 years.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hated turning 30. I wonder if that's a common occurrence.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think a lot of people hate turning 30...and 40, and 50.

      Delete
  3. I never minded aging until 2019. And wasn't the fiftieth birthday that bothered me but the onslaught of health conditions. That was the worst year for many reasons, almost a training ground for 2020. lol Good on you for not getting sucked into Joy's drama.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The health issues to arise do bother me, but not as much as the overall aging process.

      Delete