The young sales clerk was ready to sell me a new $259 battery when he mentioned a four-year warranty.
"Wait a minute, that battery is only three years old." I'd gotten it from Auto Zone.
I decided to reclaim my battery and drive the extra mile to Auto Zone. They exchanged it for free.
Today, Max and I got gas in the truck and went to Walmart to find replacement batteries for my key fobs. Those were not free, but cheap enough.
I tired convincing Max that strapping himself with a $5600 ring payment was not a good idea.
"That's about what mom's ring cost," he said.
I refrained from making a comment on that except to say, "Not the first one. Her first one was less than a thousand."
He clearly hadn't considered wedding plans or other costs coming up in the next year. "Your going to have a lot going on in the next year. Moving out of that condo, a wedding. Don't start off in debt.
I'd rather give you $10,000 for a down payment on a house than to help you finance that ring."
After he left, I decided to switch the hinges on my new dryer so it opened to the left. The door is bigger than the old one, and it was getting in the way when I loaded clothes from the washer.
I also submitted a couple more novel queries this weekend and a few essay submissions.
Overall I'd say it has been productive.
Yes, I would say you have been productive.
ReplyDeleteSome weekends more than others.
DeleteBatteries suck. At some point, every vehicle I've ever owned has had both a dead battery, and a dead alternator. I've regrettably developed the skill it takes to tell these problems apart.
ReplyDeleteI'm just glad it was under warranty. I'm going to make sure to keep the charger on it next time I plan on letting it sit for long.
DeleteI think you’ve given him some solid advice. There are definitely more budget-friendly options out there, and as you mentioned, they can always upgrade later when they’re in the position to do so. It does make me wonder if she’s pushing the idea.
ReplyDeleteGood luck with your queries!
Yes, I keep giving sound advice, but he keeps ignoring it.
DeleteI can barely change a light bulb.. and I am not happy about this, I always admire people that can sort their shit by themselves.
ReplyDeleteWell, I wouldn't expect you to change a light bulb. I could never do the things you do either.
Delete