I met the new girl at a coffee show in Roseville yesterday. For lack of a better name, I will call her Brit. Brit has long, straight blond hair and a fake tan glow. Brit wore yogi pants and a gold halter top that showed off a bit of her midriff. She also wore large gold hoop earrings—the type you don't see many girls wear anymore. She is pretty and better looking in person than in her pictures. She has a nice petite body. I would say she is in her low thirties, older than she claimed, but still fine with me.
Brit looks different from the type of person who usually clicks with me. She seems more like a high-maintenance stripper than the girl next door. Out of my financial league is the term I would use. She told me she has a bachelor's degree in one of those social fields that don't pay well and wants to get her master's degree. Maybe, but from the way she looked on our coffee date, I say there is more to the story.
Brit is quiet, but we managed to have a conversation. I indicated what I was looking for, and she said she was interested in pursuing the arrangement further. I am skeptical, but I wouldn't mind it right now, even if we only get together a few times. She said she was going out of town next week. That could mean anything, from she is seeing someone else to that she is keeping her options open. She did respond positively to my text after we met. Time will tell.
Considering how these things have gone for you lately, I wouldn't expect much. But, this could be different.
ReplyDeleteI agree Liz, they have not been going well lately.
DeleteYou never know. The ones you don't expect much from often end up surprising you. Good luck. Keep your options open too.
ReplyDeleteMy options are to just be comfortable without anyone around.
Delete"Out of my financial league," I might use that in one of my books.
ReplyDeleteFeel free to use it.
DeleteIt's always good to keep a positive outlook
ReplyDeleteTrue I am trying.
Delete