Thursday, July 20, 2023

Max and Dating

I work from home on Wednesdays. Max came over during his lunch break yesterday, and I made him a turkey burger. While he was eating, he confided to me that he was on the dating apps Bumble and Tinder. I am glad to see he has considered dating again. It has been two years since he broke up with his last girlfriend, and hadn't shown much interest in dating until now.

I looked at his profile and offered a few suggestions. Max is a good-looking guy, but like his father, he doesn't put much effort into his profile. Dating is an area I can offer some advice if he is open to it. I don't want to overwhelm him with it, but it is a common interest we can bond over. 

14 comments:

  1. That's nice that you can help.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. He seems to be doing fine on his own. He already has a date set for Sunday.

      Delete
  2. Good for Max and I hope the suggestions you provided work out for him.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot imagine dating in this era. If folks ask, my occupation is to stay married. lol And laughter is key to our thirty plus year relationship.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe my problem is I don't know what I want.

      Delete
  4. Like Carla comment. I couldn't imagine dating in this era.
    Coffee is on, and stay safe.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ahh - that's really sweet. I hope he finds a knockout.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think finding someone would boost his ego.

      Delete
  6. I don't date and neither do most of my friends, old and young alike.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I would like to date. Just not very easy these days.

      Delete
  7. I'm dead in the water for offering relevant Dating advice to the Grandchild. Thankfully she's soured right now on getting into any kind of relationship after two disappointing ones, whew. She's only 17, Max is Older, and if you can offer good advice for him I'm sure he appreciates it. Dating these days is probably more complex than ever I'd imagine?

    ReplyDelete