Monday, June 22, 2026

Rings

I don't have any updates on Violet. Saturday rolled around, but she didn't reach out, and I didn't feel like making the drive out to the club to talk to Sugar or see if Violet was there. I hope she is alright, but I don't feel like being drawn into the middle of something when she doesn't seem to have made up her own mind.

As for the ring and Max's engagement. Yes, Max got the ring. Yes, I financed it for him. By financed, I mean I bought it with the understanding he would be paying me back. There was no talking him out of it. I know, I'm as bad as his mother.

He talked about giving her the ring as part of an elaborate plan, but when it came, it didn't take long for him to just hand it over.

They want to get married in Sicily. A wedding honeymoon combination. I wouldn't mind going to Sicily, probably one of the few places in Europe I would travel to. We'll see, though. Lately, I don't feel like leaving the house.

Personally, I still think getting married is just one of those life mistakes people make, especially if they don't plan on having children.

I don't see their plans as being realistic. Young people don't seem to be burdened by an abundance of common sense. Or maybe I'm just burdened by too much these days.

4 comments:

  1. You're a great father! Sicily is beautiful (and the food is incredible even for our standards). Unfortunately, it is also expensive.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Max thinks it is not going to be expensive. He'd better do his research.

      Delete
  2. I totally agree with you, Mr. Young People especially young men, are limited in their common sense, and pursuit of livining

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They don't have to. Honestly, I don't blame them.

      Delete