Sunday, I drove across town to help Tinkerbell set out her Halloween display. She doesn't do a scary theme. She feels they get too many kids and doesn't want to scare them. She is really enthusiastic about Halloween. She has been working on her creations for ten months.
This year's theme is Willy Wonka. When I arrived, Tink was trimming back plants around the front of her condo. There is something very nostalgic about hanging out with Tink. Listening to her exaggerated groans as she pulls plants from the ground is uniquely her--like walking past a bakery and smelling cinnamon.
"Help me get the cookie," Tinkerbell says.
She leads me to a narrow hall closet where a giant, round object wrapped in plastic is wedged. I struggle to remove it, wondering how she managed to put it in there in the first place. She reveals the cookie. It is a glossy recreation of a chocolate chunk cookie with M &M's, three feet in diameter.
We place the cookie next to the air conditioner. Then I am assigned to cover the bushes in lights and purple gauze.


She really went all out. Great work.
ReplyDeleteYes, it is good to see her developing a passion that she could make even more.
DeleteLove Tink's Display, she really put a lot of effort into it by making her own props. You should make the long drive, be Wonka!
ReplyDeleteI bought a costume, so I guess I will be going.
DeleteYay and we'd Love to see it when you're there!
Delete