Thursday, May 22, 2025

Max Update

Max moved in with his girlfriend. She rents a duplex in Northville, almost an hour away. I have met her twice. She is pleasant. I don't dislike her, but I don't think she is a good fit for him. I look at different metrics than Max, though, and I think she is too much like his mom. She is also a year older than he, and definitely less attractive.

Max quit his job, which was close to home, to move out there. It has been 4 weeks and he still hasn't found a new one yet. I don't understand this. I think it was a poor decision. The type of decision I thought he stopped making. I am disappointed, and I do not think his reasons are valid.

The two of them are caught up in this therapy culture. At some point, you have to take responsibility for your own actions. Perhaps having bills to pay will teach him some responsibility. It will be interesting to see how long she will indulge him, living there without a job.


6 comments:

  1. Sometimes they have to learn their own lessons. And sometimes they have to learn them the hard way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I agree, Max still needs to learn his lessons.

      Delete
  2. They Live and hopefully Learn. I try never to get so Old I forget what it was like to be Young, I made a fair amount of poor choices and with Wisdom and Maturity they generally figure it out eventually. I would have similar concerns tho' and for the same reasons. Right now The Daughter is in a Relationship that has stressed her out becoz he is battling a serious terminal illness and she Lost a much Beloved Boyfriend in the past to Cancer, so I don't want to see her go thru all of that again, it's hard to watch someone's decline and know they don't have a good prognosis.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You hate seeing them learn the hard way, but you can't do anything about it.

      Delete
  3. It seems like the ownership and responsibility part of therapy culture has been skipped, at least that's my perception when I see things like that play out online. But I do think it is a trait that comes with age, seeing our part of the issue in the right light, if that makes sense. I would not be quitting any job in this economy. I have been looking around within my company, but barely. It's just lately that I've made plans to update my internal resume, the external is always ready to go, but I would be wary of moving to a new company right now. Maybe that holds me back. Oh well.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The responsible thing to do is to play it safe right now, and into the near future.

      Delete