On Thanksgiving, I made a turkey burger on whole-grain bread and a broccoli and macaroni casserole. I set the computer up on the coffee table and had a Zoom dinner with Gia. Gia ate eggs with ketchup. she didn't want to fight the crowds and go shopping. It was fun.
Gia and I have come a long way since we first met. The woman who wouldn't get in the same car as me the fourth time we went out is now coming up to stay with me next weekend, which was her idea. She has even started mentioning going to Utah with me next year. It all depends on how her dog does with the dogsitter this weekend. I've learned with Gia, that everything works out once she thinks it is her idea.
On Monday, I met Sam for dinner at Green Lantern. I had been avoiding going out with Sam, and I was feeling bad. Sam arrived first. Kay, my favorite waitress was our waitress. Sam seemed like she was trying to be cordial. Like the conversation was forced. We discussed Gia's upcoming visit. I told Sam after I picked up Gia from the airport I was thinking of taking her to Greektown Casino downtown.
Sam thought that was a bad idea. She said that the area was not safe. It has been about six years since I visited the Greektown Casino. I only go downtown occasionally. So I concede to her advice. However, Sam was in a mood. Despite saying, "I don't want to argue." She indeed wanted to argue. She was making a few snippy comments about Gia, which I let pass, but she got mad and said I have been argumentative lately. I wanted to say the same thing about her, but I didn't. It would have just escalated her displeasure.
When someone says, I don't want to argue then proceeds to argue, I am not sure I am the issue. This isn't the first time it has happened recently. Thus, the reason I have been avoiding her. At the end of the meal, Sam had the check. I handed her my portion and she figured out the rest. Sam is always flush with cash of various denominations and she is a bigger tipper than I. When Kay came to pick up the bill I said we were all set. Sam must not have heard me. I actually think her hearing is going.
When I asked Sam if she was ready to go, she said she was waiting for change. "I didn't realize you needed change. I told Kay we were all set." That was the nail in the coffin. I offered to call Kay back. I offered Sam some money to make up what she wanted back, but Sam was over it. She ended up walking out with me trailing behind.
I am glad you are posting. Its nice to catch up. If you are going to Utah, which area... Bryce National Park great, but so is the Kenab Area. In my early years, I harvested Blue Spruce Christmas Trees near there in the National Forest, back then it the permit was a $1.00 a tree.
ReplyDeleteMy plan would be to spend a day or two in Moab then head down to Zion/ Sand Hollow area and play by ear. We would add Bruce or the Grand Canyon depending on how we feel.
DeleteYikes, I'm sorry. Sam was in a mood. That happens, unfortunately.
ReplyDeleteIt hasn't been just the one night. It has been the trend lately.
DeleteGreektown is just fine
ReplyDeleteWe ended up going there Sunday.
Delete