Thursday, June 13, 2024

Not The Nail

 I don't know why I haven't been taking the time to write more. Many things go by without me recording them here. I find it hard to recreate the events in a narrative that pleases me. This is ironic considering all the tools we have today to improve our writing. 

I have been communicating very little with anyone lately. I told Gia I reached out to her more than anyone else, which surprised her, considering we don't text much. 


Brit sits across from me on the couch. She is talking to me about her relationship with the guy from California. They met on Instagram. Brit flew out to see him. This guy lives with two roommates, both women. One was supposed to be his cousin, but Brit never sees this cousin and isn't sure she even exists. 

The red flags continue to pile up. First, the guy says he is in his low forties. It turns out he is fifty. He has five kids by three women that he never mentioned to her. He is a graffiti artist and likes to tag trains—at fifty?

The conversations she tells me are him gaslighting her. Brit is a psychology major. It is the classic case of a person with mental issues seeking answers. Brit is visibly upset over this guy. I wanted to tell her he sounded like a big loser who would not bring her happiness, but you can't fight emotion with logic. The whole conversation reminds me of the YouTube short  It's Not About The Nail.

I shut down the conversation by leading Brit upstairs. 

6 comments:

  1. If you haven't been communicating with anybody, of course you won't be in the mood to update your blog. This may be a passing phase or something deeper. Only you will know for sure.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This might surprise you, but I'm always making notes on everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I thought I once retire I would be blogging more. But I'm not.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I imagine, I will be blogging less as I get older.

      Delete