I am annoyed with office stuff today. I don't talk much about my job. It is safer that way. People amaze me, though. Some do not want to make any effort of their own. They want to be told what to do rather than think themselves. Others take advantage of the bosses being away to leave themselves. I am not the hardest worker, but I get the job done.
Anyway, I have about two weeks of disassembling and sorting Lego. I have agreed to participate in the small show in July. At this point, the plan is only to bring three creations: something new and two from the Novi show. I bought a revolving lighted disc. The latest piece will sit on that.
I would like a quick March. The temperatures have been pleasant lately, and I look forward to Spring. I am hoping Gia will still come back next month. We still text, but I have been pressing her about her return plans.
I have taken over a long-term situation at school. The previous sub had them working on their own, and now I'm looking at what they got done left to their own devices. Basically nothing. Sigh. While I am not surprised your coworkers are not doing their jobs while the bosses are away, I am saddened. Too many people just don't make an effort.
ReplyDeleteAnd these are adults with years of experience.
DeleteI'm very interested in this Lego creations... is there a large group of enthusiasts out there.. is it a northern or regional sort of activity . just curious.. you have shown some of your creations before..
ReplyDeleteThere are groups all over the country and world. They often have LUG in there name and these groups can get recognized and discounts from Lego. BrickFestLive travels to many large cities across the US and there are shows everywhere.
DeleteJust reading your words about work makes me glad that I have retired. I subbed in school on Monday. That dose of reality made me realize how lucky I am to be away from it all.
ReplyDeleteI would like to retire at some point, but I will still be doing something.
DeletePeople never cease to amaze. Just do you and "let them" is my advice.
ReplyDeleteI do. I worry more about myself.
DeleteI deal with the same shit at work.
ReplyDeleteGive them a basic income and they would do nothing.
DeleteI live in a basic income country and I confirm: lots of people are happy to do nothing. I love the pics from the Lego show, your displays were awesome (but tree house and dragons remain my favorite ones). Wouldn't it be nice to hang out with a fellow Lego lover? :-)
ReplyDeleteIt is fun when you get together with people that appreciate your work. I figure the majority of people would be happy doing nothing and watching Tiktok all day.
DeleteCritical thinking and accountability are lost skills in the workforce I believe. Now that I am auditing other peoples work, I find more and more issues that could be solved by just the bare effort of critical thinking, but nope.
ReplyDeleteI many people are distracted from working by their phones. They are waiting for AI to do it for them.
DeleteI have a dead end job but I'm happy with it for now. I work hard at it though. I enjoy working, whatever it is.
ReplyDeleteI don't live for work, but I don't mind it either. I figure I get paid to do a job. I should do it to the best of my abilities.
Delete