Friday, February 23, 2024

Firefly Update

 For those of you keeping up Firefly is now pregnant with her second child. I haven't spoken to her lately, so I do not know if this was planned. The baby is due in August, which is the same time as the first. They don't seem to be struggling. They just returned from a trip to Florida and have added a second used car to the family. I believe there is a lot of family help going on there.

She went from nearly dead to having a baby, marriage, and now a second child. Divorce and single parenting will be next if things go according to the law of averages. Just kidding. Let's hope not.

I finished my taxes. What a pain in the ass. I am going to look into having someone do it next year. I doubt it would cost me much more.

14 comments:

  1. I've believe that most babies are not actually planned.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. When last we spoke, Firefly indicated she was going to wait. Two years apart is a good age for kids though.

      Delete
  2. Ugh. Taxes.

    And congratulations to Firefly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I had enough losses this year to cover mine though.

      Delete
  3. FireFly seems to be traveling on the correct path of Life for the moment, I hope she continues to progress in a good way.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, I hope so too. It is hard to tell. Life can be overwhelming.

      Delete
  4. That's great that Firefly is doing well. That does happen--good things after a rocky start.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. She is much better off than when I first met her.

      Delete
  5. I’ve been trying to pull everything together for my mom’s taxes. I swear I’m spending more time on it than the CPA will to file them. My husband and I do our own, but even the cost of the software is outrageous now.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know the software company nickels and dimes you and it does make mistakes. I was smart enough to catch it. I had to start over, but then I caught something I missed :).

      Delete
  6. Here's hoping she stays on the path of happy ever after.
    I HATE doing my taxes. I pay someone else to do it - they will usually save you money anyway so it's worth the cost.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Aww i have always liked firefly

    ReplyDelete