I have been doing some upgrades to the Jeep. Some through the dealer, which has been a pain in the ass, and some through a local off-road shop. I have been to the dealer three times, and I still need to go back once more because they keep ordering the wrong steering stabilizer.
The off-road shop was a pleasure to work with in comparison. I hung out there on Monday (my birthday) and they put on the front and rear bumpers I ordered and installed the lights and winch.
Yes, I had the stubby bumper on it before, but it was a cheap Chinese knockoff, and it started rusting. This one is a factory front bumper. The bar across the front is aftermarket but made by a local Michigan company. I am happy with the way things came out. Now I just need to find someone to travel with me.
I didn't text Billie on her birthday, nor did she text me on mine. Sam and I went to dinner on my birthday. After, I took her to the dealership to pick up her car that was being worked on.



Happy birthday. I guess the lesson is to not deal with the dealer but rather with the off-road shop.
ReplyDeleteSam knows a guy who works as a mechanic at a Chrysler Dealership. I will go to him next time. It is just not very close.
DeleteI always tell people that your birthday is the one day you need to make fun! So, here's hoping you had a lot of fun!
ReplyDeleteI enjoyed the day. I came home with my Jeep decked out!
Delete